- Wide Operating Input Voltage Range: 4V to 140V
- Internal Low Resistance Power MOSFET
- No Compensation Required
- Adjustable 100mA to 400mA Maximum Output Current
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Quiescent Current: 12μA
- Wide Output Range: 0.8V to VIN
- 0.8V ±1% Feedback Voltage Reference
- Precise RUN Pin Threshold
- Internal or External Soft-Start
- Programmable 1.8V, 3.3V, 5V or Adjustable Output
- Few External Components Required
- Programmable Input Overvoltage Lockout
- Thermally Enhanced High Voltage MSOP Package
The LTC®7138 is a high efficiency step-down DC/DC regulator with internal power switch that draws only 12μA typical DC supply current while maintaining a regulated output voltage at no load.
The LTC7138 can supply up to 400mA load current and features a programmable peak current limit that provides a simple method for optimizing efficiency and for reducing output ripple and component size. The LTC7138’s combination of Burst Mode® operation, integrated power switch, low quiescent current, and programmable peak current limit provides high efficiency over a broad range of load currents.
With its wide input range of 4V to 140V and programmable overvoltage lockout, the LTC7138 is a robust regulator suited for regulating from a wide variety of power sources. Additionally, the LTC7138 includes a precise run threshold and soft-start feature to guarantee that the power system start-up is well-controlled in any environment. A feedback comparator output enables multiple LTC7138s to be connected in parallel for higher current applications.
The LTC7138 is available in a thermally enhanced high voltage-capable 16-lead MSE package with four missing pins.
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Medical Devices
- Distributed Power Systems
- Portable Instruments
- Battery-Operated Devices