- Single IC Balances up to Four 12V Lead Acid Batteries in Series
- All N-FET Design
- Stackable to Balance Larger Series Battery Packs
- Stand Alone Operation Requires no External μP or Control Circuitry
- Balancing Current Limited by External PTC Thermistor
- Continuous Mode and Timer Mode
- Programmable UV and OV Fault Thresholds
- Programmable Termination Time and Termination Voltage
- Thermally Enhanced 38-Lead TSSOP Package
The LTC®3305balances up to 4 lead acid batteries connected in series. All voltage monitoring, gate drive, and fault detection circuitry is integrated. The LTC3305 is designed for stand-alone operation and does not require any external control circuitry.
The LTC3305 employs an auxiliary battery or an alternative storage cell to transfer charge to or from each individual battery in the stack. A mode pin provides two operating modes, timer mode and continuous mode. In timer mode, once the balancing operation is completed, the LTC3305 goes into a low power state for a programmed time and then periodically rebalances the batteries. In continuous mode, the balancing operation continues even after the batteries are balanced to their programmed termination voltage.
The LTC3305 is available in a thermally enhanced 38-lead TSSOP package.
- Telecom Backup Systems
- Home Battery Powered Backup Systems
- Industrial Electric Vehicles
- Energy Storage Systems (ESS)
- Medical Equipment
Read More: LTC3305 – Lead Acid Battery Balancer