Today I’m gonna make 3D Printed Unicorn Horn. I saw and did the project in Adafruit’s website about a year ago but I could not find an opportunity to share it. It looks great when going out to the party and especially in the evenings.
Let’s start !
Step 1: Materials:
- NeoPixel Stick (x2)
- Lilypad (x1)
- USB Serial Converter (x1)
- Lipo Battery (x1)
- Lipo Battery Connector (x1)
- Micro USB Cable (x1)
- Female Female Jumper Cable (x6)
- Some Cotton
- Unicorn Horn
Step 2: Upload Code to Arduino Lilypad
- First we start by uploading the code to Lilypad. Let’s do the connection of USB Serial Converter – Lilypad as in the image.
- Plug one end of the Micro USB into your computer and the other into the USB Serial Converter input.
- Open the Arduino IDE. In the Cards section, select your Lilypad and port number and load the code Arduino.
You can find the code at Github or from here. Link: https://bit.ly/2MD5nSu
After we upload the code to Lilypad, we are done with FTDI and micro USB.
Step 3: Connection of NeoPixels
- First we connect NeoPixels with each other.
* What we need to pay attention in this section is to solder the short cables while connecting the NeoPixels.
* While doing NeoPixel and Lilypad connection, the cable is soldered a little long so that this can easily placed in the hat.
- Solder the GND, DIN, 5V pins of the first NeoPixel to GND, DIN and 5V of the second NeoPixel respectively.
Step 4: NeoPixel-LilyPad Connection
- Solder the GND of the first NeoPixel to the (-) pin (minus pin) of the Lilypad.
- Solder the second NeoPixel 5V to the (+) pin (plus pin) of the Lilypad.
- Solder the DIN of the second NeoPixel to pin 11 of the Lilypad.
Our links are ready!
Step 5: Lilypad – Lipo Connection
- We will solder JST Lipo cable to the (+) plus and (-) minus inputs of Lilypad.
- Solder the red cable of the JST to the (+) plus pin of the Lilypad, and the black cable of the JST to the Lilypad’s (-) minus pin.