The I Fixit team uses a suction cup and “some gentle spud Gering” to reveal the innards. (There’s a booby trap, but you’ll have to check that out in the full teardown.)
As we ready ourselves to delve into the delightful innards of the 5s, let’s check out some of its tech specs:
- Apple A7 processor with 64-bit architecture
- M7 motion co-processor
- 16, 32, or 64 GB Storage
- 4-inch retina display with 326 ppi
- 8 MP I Sight camera (with larger 1.5µ pixels) and a 1.2MP Face Time camera.
- Fingerprint identity sensor built into the home button
- Available in three different colors: space gray, silver, and gooooooold (or as we call them, Not-at-all-the-Color-of-Space, Second Place Medal, and Bling!).
More from I Fixit:
The 5s has a claimed 10 hours of talk time on 3G, but there are rumbles that iOS 7 isn’t doing you any favors … It appears different units sport different battery manufacturers; our “space-gray” spare … comes to us from Simplo Technology Inc.
Read More: Teardown: iPhone 5s