AVR SED1520 Library
This is a C-library for avr-gcc/avr-libc to access SED1520-based graphics-LCDs. The modules used to develop the library only support “write to LCD”, read-modify- write on the display RAM is not possible. So this Library uses a “frame buffer” which holds the display-content in the AVR’s SRAM. For a 122*32 pixel display around 500 Bytes of SRAM are occupied by the buffer. The library does of cause support modules which can be read in “write-only-mode” (tie the R/W-Pin to GND).
The library supports:
- Dots (set/clear/toogle)
- Lines (set/clear/toogle)
- Circles (set/clear/toogle)
- Rects/Boxes (set/clear/toogle)
- Fonts in different sizes (included)
- Draw Bitmaps (“Icons”)
- Michal J. Kara’s (8052.com/users/mkaras): Overall concept from his C51-libraries for other graphic-controllers, glyph/font-handling based on his code.
- Fabian “ape” Thiele: the line/circle-routines are from his KS0108-Library
The library has been tested with an ATmega32 (8MHZ int. R/C) and an Emerging Displays EW12A03GLY Module (2 SED1520, 122*32 pixels, google for datasheet).
The source-code has been part of my “Will there ever be a request for a commercial license if the source-code is provided”-experiment. This experiment is now halted. The source-code is currently not available. Everybody who has downloaded the source is still bound to the non-commercial license. The only exception are users who have received my permission for a commercial use.