In this instructable I will show you how to throw an Arduino motor party. I will also be giving away an Arduino Mega, Arduino Uno, and an Arduino Pro Mini. (Details at the end)
Step 1: Assembly + Code
You’ll need a handful of motors to throw a party. I used 2 servo motors, 1 stepper motor and 1 dc motor. You will also need an Arduino Uno, an Adafruit Motor Shield and a separate 5-12vdc power supply for the motors.
1. Stack the motor shield on the Arduino Uno.
2. Connect a unipolar/bipolar stepper to M3/M4. One pair will go to M3 and the other pair will connect to M4. To find a pair, touch the stepper motor wires together two at a time until the motor shaft is hard to turn. In my case, the red and green wires are a pair and the yellow and blue wires are a pair.
3. Connect a DC motor to M1
4. Connect a hobby servo to SERVO1 and SERVO2
5. Upload Motor MotorParty_FULL after installing the Adafruit Motor Shield Library I have attached.
6. Power everything up and have a party!
Step 2: Giveaway
When I was in high school and college, I remember not having enough money for some of the projects that I wanted to do. I have 100+ microcontrollers and a great job now so I just wanted to give back a little.
I’ll be doing more giveaways in the future too. Possibly free filament, stepper motors and other things that I have an abundance of so stay tuned. I am giving away an Arduino Mega, Arduino Uno, and an Arduino Pro Mini!
Read more: How To Throw An Arduino Motor Party