Single Digit Big Display module using 74HC595 IC project will display large size 7 segment single digit number. 3.5inch height, which can be visible over large distance. More digit can be connected serially to each other easily connector.
This circuit is a single digit seven segment big display using a set of 5 LEDs per segment and a shift register for easy control by micro–controller input. Each of the LEDs used in this project are 5mm high glow type.
- A ULN2003 IC helps sink higher current flowing through the LEDs to ground.
- Resistor R1 to R8 are current limiting Resistors for the LEDs connected in series.
- CN1 Connector is Data In connector
- CN2 Connector is optional Data Out Connector if you need to stack more than 1 single display board in series
- +V CN1 & CN2 should be connected to higher voltage to drive the LEDs
- VCC Should be connected to 5V DC. This supply can be source from host controller
- Each Segment made up of 5LEDs