- Unique Architecture Allows Dynamic Regulation of Input Voltage, Output Voltage or Current
- VHIGH Voltages Up to 100V
- VLOW Voltages Up to 30V
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 97% Efficiency
- LTC-Proprietary Advanced Current Mode Control
- ±1% Voltage Regulation Accuracy Over Temperature
- Accurate, Programmable Output Current Monitoring and Regulation for Both Buck and Boost Operation
- Selectable Buck and Boost Current Sense Limits
- Engineered for Diagnostic Coverage in ISO26262 Systems
- Programmable DRVCC/EXTVCC Optimizes Efficiency
- Programmable VHIGH UV and OV Thresholds
- Programmable VLOW OV Threshold
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 60kHz to 460kHz
- Multiphase/Multi-ICs Operation Up to 12 Phases
- Selectable CCM/DCM Modes
- Thermally Enhanced 48-Lead LQFP Package
Designed for Automotive and Transportation Applications
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3871 is a high performance bidirectional buck or boost switching regulator controller that operates in either buck or boost mode on demand. It regulates in buck mode from VHIGH-to-VLOW and boost mode from VLOW-to-VHIGH depending on a control signal, making it ideal for 48V/12V automotive dual battery systems.
An accurate current programming loop regulates the maximum current that can be delivered in either direction. The LTC3871 allows both batteries to supply energy to the load simultaneously by converting energy from one battery to the other.
Its proprietary constant-frequency current mode architecture enhances the signal-to-noise ratio enabling low noise operation and provides excellent current matching between phases.
Read More: 48V/12V DC/DC for automotive dual-rails offers bidirectional power flows