Friendly ARM released a new member to NanoPC family. NanoPC-T3. It’s a powerful board for $75 (without shipping).
The NanoPC-T3 Plus octa-core single board computer is designed and developed for professional and enterprise users. It uses the Samsung Octa-Core Cortex-A53 S5P6818 SoC. Compared to the Friendly ELEC NanoPC-T2 the NanoPC-T3 Plus not only has all the T2’s interfaces and ports but also has a more powerful SoC. Its dynamic frequency scales from 400M up to 1.4GHz. The NanoPC-T3 Plus has 16G eMMC onboard, audio jack, video input/output interfaces, built-in WiFi, Bluetooth and Gbps Ethernet port. In addition the NanoPC-T3 Plus) has power management, on board porcelain antenna and serial debug port. To avoid overheat issues the NanoPC-T3 Plus has a heat sink with mounting holes.
The NanoPC-T3 Plus has two camera interfaces: a DVP camera interface and a MIPI-CSI interface, and four video interfaces: HDMI 1.4A, LVDS, parallel RGB-LCD interface and MIPI-DSI interface. It supports RTC and has RTC interface pins. It has four USB ports with three being type A ports and one being 2.54mm pitch pin-headers.
The NanoPC-T3 Plus supports multiple OS systems e.g. Android5.1, Debian and UbuntoCore+ Qt. It is an open source project with rich interfaces and ports.
- SoC: Samsung S5P6818 Octa-Core Cortex-A53, 400M Hz – 1.4G Hz
- PMU Power Management: Implemented by a Cortex-M0 MCU, support software power-off, sleep and wakeup functions
- System Memory: 2GB 32bit DDR3 RAM
- SD Storage: 1 x micro SD Card Socket
- Ethernet: Gbit Ethernet(RTL8211E)
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0 dual mode
- Antenna: Porcelain Antenna IPX Interface
- eMMC: 16GB
- Video Input: DVP Camera/MIPI-CSI (two camera interfaces)
- Video Output: HDMI Type-A / LVDS / Parallel RGB-LCD / MIPI-DSI (four video output interfaces)
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack / via HDMI
- Microphone: onboard Microphone
- USB Host: 4 x USB 2.0 Host, three type A ports and one 2.54 mm pitch pin-headers
- Micro USB: 1 x Micro USB 2.0 Client, Type A
- LCD Interface: 0.5mm pitch 45 pin FPC seat, full color RGB 8-8–8
- HDMI: 1.4A Type A, 1080P
- DVP Camera: 0.5mm pitch 24 pin FPC seat
- GPIO: 2.54 mm pitch 30 pin-header
- I2S/USB: 2.54 mm pitch 14 pin-header
- Serial Debug Port: 2.54mm pitch 4-pin-header
- User Key: power, Reset, boot selection
- LED: 1 x power LED and 1 x system LED
- Other Resources: CPU’s internal TMU
- RTC Battery: RTC Battery Seat
- Heat Sink: 1 x Heat Sink with mounting holes
- Power: DC 5V/3A
Read More: NanoPC-T3 – Octa-core, 2GB DDR3, eMMC storage, Gbps ethernet, WiFi&BT