- Ultra Wide Matched Input Frequency Range: 100MHz to 40GHz
- 35dB Linear Dynamic Range (< ±1dB Error)
- 29mV/dB Logarithmic Slope
- ±1dB Flat Response from 200MHz to 30GHz
- Accurate RMS Power Measurement of High Crest Factors (Up to 12dB) Modulated Waveforms
- Low Power Shutdown Mode
- Low Supply Current: 30mA at 3.3V (Typical)
- Small 2mm × 2mm Plastic DFN8 Package
- I-Grade: –40°C to 105°C Rated H-Grade: –40°C to 125°C Rated with Guaranteed Log-Slope and Log-Intercept
- ESD Rating: 3500V HBM, 1500V CDM
The LTC®5596 is a high accuracy RMS power detector that provides a very wide RF input bandwidth, from 100MHz up to 40GHz. This makes the device suitable for a wide range of RF and microwave applications, such as point-to- point microwave links, instrumentation and power control applications.
The DC output voltage of the detector is an accurate representation of the average signal power applied to the RF input. The response is linear-in-dB with 29mV/dB logarithmic slope over a 35dB dynamic range with typically better than ±1dB accuracy. The detector is particularly suited for measurement of waveforms with crest factor (CF) as high as 12dB, and waveforms that exhibit a significant variation of the crest factor during the measurement.
Read More: LTC5596 – 100MHz to 40GHz Linear-in-dB RMS Power Detector