Taiwan-based IC Nexus’ latest entry with Rockchip RK3399 SoC, SBC3100 joins the growing list of high-end SBCs. It features the high-end SoC to provide an extensive feature list. However, it is not publicly priced and appears to be a proprietary product, such as Aaeon’s Pico-ITX based RICO-3399.
IC Nexus announced the SBC3100 back in 2017, the SBC3100 was showcased at last week’s Compute x show in Taipei. The board ships with Ubuntu and Android images, and is designed for applications including digital signage, POS, gaming, STBs, kiosks and other smart devices.
Despite the high-end features, not much stands out from the other equally powerful RK3399 contender SBCs, except for its wide-range 9-36V DC input and its optional add-on modules. The board can be equipped with an HDMI input, an LVDS touchscreen interface, and a 4-port serial add-on.
The board comes with up to 4GB DDR3 and 16GB flash (presumably eMMC). Media ports accommodate HDMI 2.0, eDP, and DP (via USB Type-C). There are up to 2x MIPI-DSI or -CSI, but not 2x of both, and there’s also a separate camera port and I2C touch interface. There’s a GbE port plus optional Wi-Fi/BT module, and the mini-PCIe slot (with micro-SIM) supports optional 3G or 4G modules.
The SBC3100 provides 4x USB ports, 2x of them are 3.0, plus the Type-C port and additional USB headers. Other features include GPIO, serial debug, IR, I2C, and optional sensors.
Specifications list for the SBC3100:
- Rock chip RK3399 (2x Cortex-A72 at up to 2.0GHz, 4x Cortex-A53);
- Mali-T860 GPU
- Memory :
- 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 8GB or 16GB flash
- Micro SD slot
- HDMI 2.0 out port at up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- Display Port 1.2 at up to 4Kx2K@60fps (via USB Type-C)
- eDP 1.3 at up to 2560×1600@60fps
- 1x or 2x MIPI-DSI at up to 2560×1600 at 60fps with optional MIPI/LVDS touchscreen module
- 1x or 2x MIPI-CSI with optional HDMI input module
- Camera port
- An i2c-based capacitive touch interface
- Audio: mic/earphone connector; 2x speaker connectors
- Optional 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Optional 3G or LTE modules for mini-PCIe slot
- Micro-SIM card slot
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet port
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 3.0 host (2x ports, 2x headers)
- 3x USB 2.0 host (2x ports, 1x header)
- USB 3.0 Type-C port with DP support
- Serial console debug
- Optional serial module with 4x RS232/422/485 DB9 ports
- 8-bit GPIO
- I2C master
- Keypad interface
Read more: ICNexus’s SBC3100 Runs Linux On Rockchip RK3399 SoC