The MAX30205 temperature sensor accurately measures temperature and provide an overtemperature alarm/interrupt/shutdown output. This device converts the temperature measurements to digital form using a high-resolution, sigma-delta, analog-to-digital converter (ADC). Accuracy meets clinical thermometry specification of the ASTM E1112 when soldered on the final PCB. Communication is through an I2C-compatible 2-wire serial interface.
The I2C serial interface accepts standard write byte, read byte, send byte, and receive byte commands to read the temperature data and configure the behavior of the open-drain overtemperature shutdown output.
The MAX30205 features three address select lines with a total of 32 available addresses. The sensor has a 2.7V to 3.3V supply voltage range, low 600µA supply current, and a lockup-protected I2C-compatible interface that make them ideal for wearable fitness and medical applications.
This device is available in an 8-pin TDFN package and operates over the 0°C to +50°C temperature range.
- High Accuracy and Low-Voltage Operation Aids Designers in Meeting Error and Power Budgets
- 0.1°C Accuracy (37°C to 39°C)
- 16-Bit (0.00390625°C) Temperature Resolution
- 2.7V to 3.3V Supply Voltage Range
- One-Shot and Shutdown Modes Help Reduce Power Usage
- 600µA (typ) Operating Supply Current
- Digital Functions Make Integration Easier into Any System
- Selectable Timeout Prevents Bus Lockup
- Separate Open-Drain OS Output Operates as Interrupt or Comparator/Thermostat Output