- Order Custom Programmed Parts
- PM Bus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
- – Telemetry Read Back includes VIN, IIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature, Duty Cycle and Faults
- – Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV and Frequency Synchronization (250kHz to 1MHz)
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature
- Integrated 16-Bit ADC
- VOUT Range: 0.5V to 5.5V (VOUT0, VOUT1)
- Internal EEPROM and Fault Logging
- Integrated Powerful N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 24V
- Analog Current Mode Control Loop
- Remote Differential Sense for Poly Phase® Applications
- Accurate Poly Phase Current Sharing for Up to Six Phases
- Available in a 40-Pin (6mm × 6mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3887 is a dual, Poly Phase DC/DC synchronous step-down switching regulator controllers with an I2Cbased PM Bus compliant serial interface. The controllers use a constant frequency, current mode architecture that is supported by LT power Play™ a software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
Switching frequency, channel phasing, output voltage, and device address can be programmed using external configuration resistors. Additionally, parameters can be set via the digital interface or stored in EEPROM. Voltage, current, internal/external temperature and fault status can be read back through the bus interface.
The LTC3887 can be configured for discontinuous (pulse skipping) mode or continuous inductor current mode. The LTC3887 has integrated gate drivers. The LTC3887 is an enhanced version of the LTC3880 with greater output voltage range and more digital features. Refer to page 15 for more detail.
Read More: Buck converter starts up in just 70 ms