- Multi chemistry Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, or Lead- Acid Battery Charger with Termination
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Battery Charger
- Digital Telemetry System Monitors VBAT, IBAT, RBAT,NTC Ratio (Battery Temperature), VIN, IIN, VSYSTEM, Die Temperature
- Coulomb Counter and Integrated 14-Bit ADC
- Wide Charging Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 35V
- Wide Battery Voltage Range: Up to 35V
- Input Under voltage Charge Current Limit Loop
- Maximum Power Point Tracking
- Optional I2C Serial Port Control
- Input Current Limit Prioritizes System Load Output
- Input and Output Ideal Diodes Provide Low Loss Power Path™ Operation
- Instant-On Operation with Discharged Battery
The LTC®4015 is a complete synchronous buck controller/ charger with pin selectable, chemistry specific charging and termination algorithms.
The LTC4015 can charge Li-Ion/Polymer, LiFePO4, or lead acid batteries. Battery charge voltage is pin selectable and I2C adjustable. Input current limit and charge current can be accurately programmed with sense resistors and can be individually adjusted via the I2C serial port. A digital telemetry system monitors all system power parameters.
Safety timer and current termination algorithms are supported for lithium chemistry batteries. The LTC4015 also includes automatic recharge, pre charge (Li-Ion) and NTC thermistor protection. The LTC4015’s I2C port allows user customization of charger algorithms, reading of charger status information, configuration of the mask able and programmable alerts, plus use and configuration of the Coulomb counter.
Available in a 38-Lead 5mm × 7mm QFN package.