The LTM®4624 is a complete 4A step-down switching mode μModule® (micro module) regulator in a tiny 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 5.01mm BGA package. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 4V to 14V or 2.375V to 14V with an external bias supply, the LTM4624 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V, set by a single external resistor.
Its high efficiency design delivers 4A continuous, 5A peak, output current. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed. The LTM4624 supports selectable discontinuous mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Its high switching frequency and current mode control enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include overvoltage, overcurrent and over temperature protection.
The LTM4624 is RoHS compliant with Pb free finish.
- Telecom, Data com, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Data Storage Rack Units and Cards
- Test and Debug Systems
- Complete Solution in <1cm2 (Single-Sided PCB) or 0.5cm2 (Dual-Sided PCB)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4V to 14V
- Input Voltage Down to 2.375V with External Bias
- 0.6V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- 4A DC, 5A Peak Output Current
- ±2% Total DC Output Voltage Error
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
Read More: 4A Step Down µModule in less than 1cm²